So, I didn’t get many great pictures for this recipe, but I’m out of sauce now so it might be a while before I make it again, so I’ll go ahead and post it anyway.
Hopefully you already made the sauce and can go grab it out of your freezer now. If not, do that first.
Then make these enchiladas because they are SO yummy!
I like to add lots of veggies, but if you aren’t into that, you could add beans and corn or just do extra chicken.
As with so many of my recipes, were starting out sauteing onions and peppers…
Then I added in the chicken. I had some already roasted and shredded (I did 6 chickens at once and saved it in baggies in the freezer) If you are working with raw chicken, no problem, just give it time to cook.
Now this next picture looks like I was making a salad. Don’t be scared though, the spinach cooked down a LOT and wasn’t overwhelming at all in the final dish.
Next top it with cheese and put it in the oven. Yum!
2 Tb oil or fat
2 medium onions chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped
2 bell peppers chopped
1 cup shredded carrot
2 cups chopped spinach
2-3 cups chicken cut up in bite sized pieces or shredded
1 jar enchilada sauce
8oz container cream cheese
1 cup black beans (optional)
1-2 cups shredded cheese (as you like)
12 flour tortillas (optional)
1. In large pan, heat oil and saute peppers and onions until soft. Add garlic and carrots cook 5 more minutes
2. Add in chicken, if raw, cook through.
3. Add in chopped spinach, cook down a bit then add in beans, sauce and cream cheese. Stir together.
4. Transfer to baking dish by itself, rolled inside tortillas or layered with tortillas as a casserole.
5. Top with shredded cheese.
6. Bake at 375′ for 30 minutes. You’ll know its done with its bubbly and the cheese is browning.